GYMNAST COVID SCREENING: All participants and staff must complete daily screening prior to entering Corona Gymnastics. Please go to covidcontrol.ca at the top of the page enter LOCATION CODE: APSZBJ . Disregard the "checkout"option.
VACCINATION AND MASKS
- VACCINATION FOR STAFF. Corona Staff are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. All Corona Staff are also tested, using Rapid Tests, 1-3 times a week (depending on their coaching schedule)
- VACCINATION FOR GYMNASTS. All participants aged 12 and over are required to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 to participate in gymnastics at Corona.
- We require proof of vaccination no later than September 10th.
- Please follow these steps to upload proof of vaccine.
- Log into your Corona Account (coronagym.ca)
- Go to My Account
- Go to Participants
- Select the child you would like to upload documentation for
- Scroll to find proof of vaccination and select browse
- Select the document you would like to upload
- Click update
- MASKS-Gymnasts and Staff are required to wear a mask at all times while in the facility.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- IF YOUR CHILD IS FEELING UNWELL, HAS A COUGH OR FEVER, THEY MAY NOT COME TO THE GYM.
- All participants must complete a Covid Screening prior to attending gymnastics. Pleased use the Student Screening available from Ontario Health or Ottawa Public Health.
- If your child has tested positive for Covid-19, please notify us by phone or email. This information will not be shared with anyone other than the Corona Management Team.
- Send an email to email@example.com (or Program Head Coach for Competitive) or call 613-224-6524 to inform us if your child will be absent and the reason for the absence.
WHILE IN THE FACILITY
- Gymnasts and employees are required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the facility and when changing events in the gym.
- Entrance-Preschool and Recreational gymnast will enter and exit through the front entry door. Competitive Gymnasts will be informed by email which entrance they are to use.
- While waiting to enter, please line up at the door using the distancing lines. Enter the facility one at a time to allow for proper distancing.
- Parents must be punctual for pick up and drop off. You may wait by your car, or wait on the sidewalk, adhering to the 2m distance
- Only gymnasts and employees may enter the facility. Parents may watch through the windows-however, they must adhere to 2m distancing. Avoid touching the windows or doors
- Hands free coaching (no spotting), unless required for safety.
- We will maintain social distancing of a minimum of 2m and where possible, will exceed this distance.
- Washrooms are open.
- Changerooms-Gymnasts are to arrive dressed for gymnastics class. All of their belongings, including shoes and coats must be placed in a backpack that they will keep with them throughout their class. Only send necessary items. See Backpack list.
- Water fountain is off-limits-please send a filled water bottle.
- If a gymnast displays symptoms of Covid, they will be isolated in a separate room and parents will be contacted to pick up immediately.
- Backpack-labelled with gymnast’s name
- Hand sanitizer for their personal use.
- Filled water-bottle
- If the gymnast requires chalk, they must purchase one for the personal use. Chalk is available at the office for $5. Chalk must be kept in a hard plastic container with a lid. The container should be large enough to hold a block of chalk and to use the lid as a tray to catch chalk dust. Spray bottle to be used with chalk. (labelled with name)
- Grips and wrist bands (if gymnast wears grips)
PRESCHOOL CLASSES SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Squirt Class. One adult is required to attend the class and assist the child. The adult attending must be fully vaccinated. If, you have another child participating in a Preschool class (same day) that begins at a later time, you may bring your older child with into the gym.
- Mighty Squirt. Although the Parents Lounge is not open, we understand that at this age, some children may have a difficult separating from their parent to enter the facility on their own. For this reason, one parent may come into the facility with their child (must be fully vaccinated). If your child is experiencing difficulty separating from you, the parent may remain in the Lounge during the class and may assist by helping the child remain in the class.
- KinderGym. Parents can bring the child to the gym entry, but will not be able to enter or stay in the facility during the class.
Nepean Corona School of Gymnastics
PROTOCOLS & SAFETY STANDARDS FOR RECREATIONAL PROGRAMS
effective September 1, 2021
Our mission is to follow procedures to protect our gymnasts, employees, and community members and to help prevent the spread of disease.